As a disclaimer I should announce that I am not tech savvy. I sometimes can plug in my laptop and figure out how to turn it on without asking for help from four year old Snickers. That being said, this summer I envisioned a marvelous thing. In my mind I saw a giant blogplex - if there is such a thing. A blog with blogs inside of it/attached to it. I wanted a blog that would chronicle what we did each day as a homeschooling family, that the kids could take turns being historians on - so that we could look back and see all the memories, have a record of progress, and ensure that we did more than sit in our jammies and color pictures of leaves and pumpkins each day. Attached to it I wanted to have my personal blog about being a homeschooling mommy, as well as Songbird's blog about being a teen with depression issues, living in a conservative small town community, being bullied, and being a birds of the same feather type bird. Her blog is to help her have an outlet for all of the emotions that get squish squashed deep inside, a place to express herself. Sunshine gets a blog too, to help her writing and typing skills, as well as the positive outlet. Our blogs would help round out the main blog about our homeschooling activities, giving it a very dimensional effect.
I shared this dream with my family. They shared a look of pure horror in return. There may have even been a terrified scream or two.
I put down my foot in resolve to make this dream real, and they crossed fingers and hoped that my inability to develop tech skills would make it fade away. As I pushed more, they pushed back - flatly stomping on any names I came up with ....Owl learn with you? False advertising. Fried eggs and Fairy tales? Sounds like a gruesome end to Humpty Dumpty. Homeschool and Hogwarts? Possibly...but could be confusing and irritating to people who are search of fan fiction. (Fan fiction is an art that lives on my friends...and on...and on). The situation was beginning to look desperate and the opposition was about to win out. I finally just typed some names that weren't already taken on the screen and hoped for the best.
So far I have almost managed to figure out how to change the text color, deleted everything irretrievably six times, and though I added a gadget to include the links, can't figure out for the life of me how to get them on there. Please hang in there with me. I hope to get it all connected at some point, and when I do it will be awesome. Maybe then I will be able to convince Starlet to let me share some of the lime light for a minute...instead of being one of her "back singers" as she has informed us that we all are.
No comments:
Post a Comment